Ultimate case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Exfoliate, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sunbeams website has some pretty sweet stuff, not bad prices for the bling bling factor.
    Pretty sweet case ninja, I saw that and love the lcd and sleek looks but that review scares me:(

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

i was gonna get that case, looks like a high tech subwoofer lol

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

it sounds like some idiot either put his motherboard in wrong or bent the motherboard tray. You can see when his expertise on how to build a computer really shines through when he says he took his computer for a 'professional' to look at.

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

and a case doesnt really have much to do with the system lol if your computer shuts down automatically blame it on the case lol

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha, yeah so I didn't think that one through very well:D Tad pricey though:(

6. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Well I've settled it. Come the end of the year that case, and it's PSU, will become mine.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

What case and it's power supply? Snazzy LCD one doesn't come with a PSU.

8. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

The one you originally posted about. But I recently (yesterday) changed my mind and decided not to get it. I didn't think a case and PSU was worth $100+. So I am just going to get a killer PSU (OCZ Modstream) and a new DVD Burner and some other stuff.

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

awesome man, cheers to new parts

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

ahh well i'll make sure i stay away from that then i have read up a lot on trusted brands and stuff so i should be a bit better at picking out new brands.

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I've seen it advertised and stocked in local computer stores, I've had a friend use it as cheap ram without any problems. It's a few years old, still doesn't cause any errors (I worked on his pc about a month ago).

I saw some cool cases here http://www.xpcgear.com/wincase.html
    so...many...cases...

12. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Well, yea for standard applications it would work, but don't try to OC it. Stupid of me to think I could though. I got it before I knew much about OCing and all I cared was that it was the cheapest RAM with shiny stuff on it.

13. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Has anyone seen any cases from NZXT?
    I saw ont the other day and it was just utterly sweeeeeeet but i cant remember the model #, damn!

14. pelvis_3

15. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Okay, people, let's stay on topic here. I just removed a ton of posts in this thread because of that.

Now that's a classy case, which seem to be getting a little rare these days. A straight black case like the Antec SX1030/1040 cases (like I have now) or a Thermaltake Tsunami or CoolerMaster's WaveMaster or Stacker cases are the stuff I like. I can't stand the ricer cases like the NZXT Guardian/Samurai, or the Thermaltake Xasers that got progressively riced out as the series went on. Any case that tries to put as many colors on the thing as possible tend to look very bad. Same goes for lots of LEDs or cathodes. I think that bad external designs aren't just limited to cars these days...

16. pelvis_3

Good point!
    The Trinity case is the best looking of the NZXT models and i agree with you with the Wavemaster case- its my favourite case of all time - simple, shiny, aluminium and good brand!

17. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

antec cases = classy
    coolermaster wavemaster case = Sweeeeeet

18. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

and lian li is just plain hot :p

19. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The Trinity is cool but reminds me too much of my NZXT Nemesis to bother getting it. LCD is nice though:good:
    I've pretty much decided on the Antec SuperLanboy. It may not be the classiest, pimped out case around but it's light, sleek, compact, and high quality. All things I appreciate. It's not too expensive either.