Upgrade now or wait?

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by harakim, Feb 5, 2006.

1. harakim

harakim Big Geek

This is a perpetual question for me since I started thinking about getting a new computer. I keep thinking "if I wait another few months I can get a much better computer." This leads to me never buying a computer, which I really want.

How do I know when its good or bad to wait?

Thanks.

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

There is never really a perfect time to upgrade, hardware is constantly being released and technology is constantly changing. That being said, keep an eye out for up and coming hardware releases, stay up to date on current and future price changes and wiat untill you have the moolah to get what you need and you'll know when the right time is. As long as you make sure you buy the very latest possible hardware with your money, it'll ensure you will have a future upgradeable PC with readily available components :)

3. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

that is all good. But if you buy stuff that has JUST been released then you end up paying a lot more for what you get. If you look at big B's pc he went smart. He bought an awsome mobo ( can stay current for a long time) then only a 3000+ (which is realy cheap now seening its been out a while) and then a 6600gt whick is the best value for money card at the moment.

That was a smart and relatively affordable pc that will keep him going fr ages.
    Plus he can do an awsome oc with that board