Vento 3600 a.k.a. Darth Vaders Coffee Maker

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Marcus_X, May 27, 2005.

1. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

Vento 3600

It's got blue light coming from the power supply which nicely fits the case colour (blue)

The HDD led is located in the lower right intake, when it's active the white fin will blink with a blueish color.

I'm pretty proud of the whole thing, cause it's the 1st time I ever built a pc.

- AMD Athlon 64 4000+ "San Diego"
    - ASUS A8V Deluxe mainboard
    - 2 x 512 Mb DDR RAM PC3200
    - 2 x 256 Mb DDR RAM PC2700 (I still had those lying around, so I put them in, should I remove these?)
    - Revoltec 7 in 1 Procycon II media reader & writer
    - XFX 6800GT 256Mb AGP With Zalman VF700-cu
    - 2 x Hitachi 80Gb HDD with 8Mb cache
    - Double Layer DVD Burner by Pioneer
    - Sony Floppy Drive
    - Thermalake 450 Watt psu

I'll be adding a CPU cooler soon, but I'm still thinking about which one I should take.

*Updated the pictures, since I threw some of the hardware out, and because I wasn't happy with the old pictures*

Attached Files:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

nice.........:D hope the installation goes smoothly, although we're here to help if necessary

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Wow nice case...the one ur getting i mean

4. Addis

Addis The King

Damn thats a badass case.

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Looks nice, I was looking at those a couple weeks ago and once I saw the price tag I ran away crying

6. Addis

Addis The King

Lol prices are scary for some things. Like the cost of SD-RAM 256mb at PC World. £33.

7. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

your system looks very good man, not keen on your choice of case though.

8. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

I thought about one of those cases but it was out of my price range, and it didn't have a window.

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah $150 is a little steep, and I thought $90 was pushing it for mine. But it's a very origional and cool design in my opinion, I'd want it in silver/black though (more Darth Vaderish:)) Though if I had the money I'd make my case so decked out it would cost more than my cpu probably.

10. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

awesome to know someone else bought vader's coffeemaker

I got one too

Red, with blue LEDs

I'm gonna up the cooling a bit though

2x80mm front, 1x120mm 3x80mm rear exhaust

11. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

Could you let me in on how you add extra cooling fans, I'm no expert and I don't know where to start.

I noticed that the standard 120mm in the back is really noisy :( I even replaced my cpu cooler because at first I thought that was the the noisiest fan in my case.

I also considered replacing / adding extra cooling, maybe you can help me in this. You know, by advising me which brand is best and how to install extra fans.

Thanks,

12. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

i haven't even noticed it yet haha (in noise) well you can mount a 80mm on the opposite side of the 80mm intake, only you'd have to get into the panel, which I've tooken off easily via screwdriver and patience. and its a good Idea to replace the duct with another fan I think it might help temps to make cool come from front and since heat rises, for exhaust to be out back, simple idea

antec and ultra brands are good for fans, I might also install a UV light to make my Ultra X-Connect cables glow, and cut out a diamond shaped window over the whole top, gonna be hard though, two seperate sheets of metal and over that plastic to finish it off.

13. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

You ment taking off the front panel? And installing a second front fan opposite of the standard one is possible? Behind the right intake?
    The right airduct doesn't go into the case itself but outside the actual chassis. Installing a fan there wouldn't help that much would it?

What about those 5.25 fans? Are they any good? I have two bays empty and have the possibilty to put one there.

14. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

it would double the intake, I don't mean the front panel but the second side panel that you have to wedge off delicately by pressing those small plastic tabs, then you can screw it on on the inside of the panel via the outside

15. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

I understand now, into the side panel, how silly of me.

It's not that I have to install extra fans because my temps are too high, I want to replace the noisy ones, and I could add extra fans as an extra precaution, although I don't really need it.

I'm pretty happy with my temparatures inside the case except my 6800gt gets a bit warm according to the nvidia settings panel, all temps stay in the green though and that's after installing a vf700-cu from Zalman

CPU temp +/- 42 idle (oc'd at 2.7 Ghz, I can oc it even more right?)
    MB temp +/- 23 idle
    GC temp +/- 55 idle

16. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

CPU-35
    MB-37
    GC temp-48

Yeah I'm improving cooling alot in my case still

It would help to replace the stock fans with fans that are better with higher CFM quality, I'm gonna replace the front two with 2 antec LED ones, the back 120 with an LED antec and the side panel one with another 80mm antec LED

all have really good CFM ratings

17. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

I just bought two new fans for my case, one's a 80mm aluminium cooler from Titan, and the other is a 120mm thermalkiller from Chieftec.

I replaced the stock intake fan with the aluminium, and also the back. The way I bought them was pretty funny, I walked into a computer store and asked for fans with low noise production, the store staff didn't really know also, so they just took every possible 80 and 120mm fan they had and connected them for me so I could hear for myself.

These are my current temps taken from ASUS Probe and Nvidia panel

CPU - 30 Idle, 42 Stressed (Half Life 2)
    MB - 20
    GC -48

The air coming from the Titan Cooler is pretty darn cold when I hold my hand in front of it.

Noise reduction was not less though, only after I turn the speed of my cpu cooler down.

18. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

give me the part names for them , id love to have temps like that, is the titan cooler the vanessa L-type?

19. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

Note that I not quite achieved a silent cooled case, it sounds like there's a vacuumcleaner running in there, or maybe it's brewing me a cup of hot coffee?!

Sorry, it's not the Vanessa L-type, I'm not quite sure if it would fit in the VENTO case unless you take away the airduct from the side panel, If you could figure out if it fits or not, I would buy it too if possible.

But I did buy the Aluminium cooler also for the reason because I read a test on some website where the Titan brand came out as the best CPU cooler with it's Vanessa L and S type coolers

CPU Cooler - CNPS7700-ALcu (Noisy but it works)
    Link for above fan
    VGA Cooler - VF700-cu (Not really satifying, but keeps my card in safe temps)
    Link for above fan
    120mm case fan - Chieftec Thermal Killer AF-1225S (Sucks air like vacuumcleaner)
    Link for above fan
    80mm case fan - Titan Aluminium Frame Fan TFD-A8025M12C (Holding your hand in front of this makes you think you stuck it in the fridge)
    Link for above fan

20. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

thanks alot man. damn the "thanks button isnt here argh ill make up for it on another thread

hopefully i can get all that for 50$ or less, once more, thx