Water Cooling

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by tking0036, Feb 6, 2012.

1. tking0036

tking0036 Geek

Im looking to do a water cooling solution for this pc I am building. I have a tight budget and would like it to be < $100. I want it mainly to look cool, I dont need it so much for cooling. Im cooling a core 2 duo at stock clock. All I want is a system with clear pipes and maybe a reservoir so I can use orange fluid to go with the theme of my case. I thought about getting a corsair H50 or H60 and modding it. Can someone help me out?

2. Lotuscore

Lotuscore Geek Trainee

H60 is a good choice for water cooling and is a hot item in the major online shopping site. I'm sure you wont regret it.

Personally, I'm scared of putting anything liquid in my PC case so I never fot the chance to actually use one. :-\

3. lili5689

lili5689 Geek Trainee

Well,I think the H50 and the H60are good choice for the water cooling...you can have a try.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The Corsair water cooling kits are meant to be self contained. Not saying you will, but it might affect the cooling performance, which I assume you wouldn't want. You're looking to hack up a cooling system that's been tuned a certain way to work. Those aren't made to be tinkered with and I would advise against this, especially if you've never dealt with watercooling beforehand. More importantly, it will certainly void the warranty.
    What you might want to do based on the visual aspect is to invest in a watercooling kit from Danger Den or Swiftech. Of course, these are well over $100, but they might offer more of what you're gunning for in terms of the water cooling setup you'd like.

tking0036 likes this.
  5. MagR

MagR Geek Trainee

As Big B above said you can't really use these CPU coolers as you want as they are self contained units. Also if you build a full watercooling loop it will be a lot more expensive than your budget (although many of the components can be reused when you upgrade). Also from my understanding and recent research (I'm about to build my first loop for my CPU and sli GPU's) you should not use coloured fluids/dyes etc as they clog up your waterblocks. Instead you can use coloured tubing and UV reflective tubing to get a similar look safely.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mag