Web Camera Dilema???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by shomz, Dec 2, 2003.

1. shomz

shomz Geek Trainee

So my thread isnt urgent, but i thought i would run it by you guys anyway. Im in the market for a webcam. I really just want it to be able to communicate with my friends from college who i dont see very often, they have logitech cameras, so i thought i would buy another logitech camera just so that were all on the same pages in terms of compatibility. Does that matter or should i just go out and buy a web cam. I also dont want the video to be choppy i mean who does, im sure there are other contributors to choppy video, i really just want to use it as if i was using a video phone with live video. Can someone recommend a couple good models

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

hi there
    well, I've not had much experience with web cameras but the LOGITECH QUICKCAM PRO 4000 from dixons.co.uk looks good, now I think it would be a good idea to buy the same web camera as as your friends cuz if you have any problems you can get help. About the choppy video, now that would depend on the type of connection you have and how good the connection is at the other end, and also the resolution, the higher the better quality but it would mean lower frame rate.

try doing a search on google.com as as I said I have very little experience with web cameras! sorry :)