Westinghouse White Screen Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dirty Rob, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Dirty Rob

Dirty Rob Geek Trainee

Hey guys, I have a problem with my westinghouse monitor 17'' lcd monitor . It keeps flashing to white while i'm working. It sucks. The screen goes completely white an I can't see anything. I've also noticed that the sharpness of the screen has faded, but when I press the auto settings button, it seems fine while it's correcting the problem but when it stops doing the auto settings, it just goes back to being faded.

Attemps to Resolve Problem: The only thing that I can do to fix it is to turn the screen off and back on again.It's a quick temp fix, and it's getting progressively worse. The longest time i can work without it turning white on me is about 1 minute if i'm lucky.

My second attempt at fixing it was taking a nice big ol' can of spray air to try to get some of the built up dust and whatnot from the back of the monitor.

I'm pretty computer savvy for the average joe, and I highly doubt it's a problem with the actual cpu itself, but then again, i'm not an expert.

If you guys could help me i'd greatly appreciate it, and I'll supply you with all the information about my computer/monitor that you need to help me resolve my problem.