What do you think about this configuration?

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Gla_va, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Gla_va

Gla_va Geek Trainee

Hey guys,

What do you think about this configuration?

motherboard: Gigabyte B85-HD3, B85, DDR III 1600/1333, VGA, DVI, HDMI, LGA1150
    CPU: intel core i5-4570, 3.2 GHz, 6MB, BOX, LGA1150
    RAM: GEIL 2x4 GB DDR III 1600 ENH CORSA CL 9
    HDD: WD 1024GB 64MB SATA III Green
    CASE and PSU: CM K280, with 500W PSU

The computer will be for everyday use - heavy browsing, movies, music, rarely games (thats why i didnt put video card). Thats pretty much what my budget allows me to get.

Are those compatible with each other?
    Is it better to get a case and separate PSU (for example CM N300 black, USB3.0 and CM G500W Active PFC) instead of the case with built in psu?

And on what components could i save some money for smth cheaper in the sense that for my needs i wont notice visible change?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

That looks decent enough to be honest, I have similar setup being used as a media server. Generally its better to get decent branded PSU but depends on what your getting with the case, could be unbranded cheap PSU.

There parts are compatible, yes.

3. Gla_va

Gla_va Geek Trainee

I'm considering investing a little more on a case because it's smth that won't change for a long time (CM N300 or FD C3000 in mind) and also i dont know which of those psu, i'm considering, is better - CM G500W or CM GX 450W.
    And does it matter if i get 2x4 GB or 1x8 GB of RAM?

4. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Crappy motherboard, put z87 chipset one

Processor sucks, i5-4670K

Memory OK

Hard drive slow, Western Digital Blue is much better

PSU's that come with cases are always crap.

And you did not include SSD? Even crappy dual core processor with SSD drive is much is faster than your configuration. Without SSD your machine is slow in that use. No matter what processor.

Coolermaster makes average quality PSU's.

It really doesn't matter, thoretically 2*4 GB is 100% faster, in practice that is about 1%.