What i have learned in Project Management [part of my HND]

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Impotence, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

To be fair, i have not learned a lot from this class but what i have learned i believe is important enough to share with you all.

The most important thing that i have learned from project management is, if you are responsible for managing a project you DO NOT want to use Microshaft Project, It really puts the shafting in microshaft.

[RANT]

I mean seriously, WHAT THE :SWEAR: IS WRONG WITH THIS PIECE OF :SWEAR: :SWEAR:!!!! It is the single, most retarded piece of :swear: that those :swear: licking butt munchers have ever squeezed out of the collective anus that we all know as micro :swear: soft!!!

I would rather use Winblows :swear: ME for the rest of my :swear: life than have to rely on Microsoft ^we'll f'up your^ Project in any way, shape or form again! i mean this piece of :swear: must be older than Noahs :swear: ark! Its from the days where being able to undo the last change you made was an amazing feature, its just a :swear: pity they haven't made more undo's possible or i would have kept on clicking to see if it would uninstall itself unexpectedly too! (but of course they have made it look nice, proving once and for all that you CAN polish a turd).

All in all it is a wonder example of what you can expect from microsoft if they think they think they can get away with it... charging as much as possible while spending as little as possible, if anything at all!

So all in all, get yourself a pen and paper and save yourself a :swear: fortune

[/RANT]

2. Addis

Addis The King

Oh dear lord.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

very eloquently put, i agree, but its funny too

4. Impotence

After fighting with it for many hours today i have managed to get enough done to pass that module of my HND, by Monday i will have everything for my HND done :)

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

congrats, i may get qualified one day :maybe:

6. Impotence

I got a call this morning, seems that there where a few problems with my project :(

The main problem was that the holidays that i had assigned (xmas etc) ended up in the standard calendar instead of the project calendar that i had created, why you ask? because project forgets the :swear: calendar that have you have selected as your base calendar when you change the computer that you are working on! why? :swear: knows but if i was planning a real project i this could cause some serious problems (calendars set the working hours and non-working days, if these are wrong then your predicted completion date will also be wrong).

On the bright side, i now have until Wednesday to finish (cough, and start, cough) so i can spend Sunday revising for a exam on Monday (thats cost me £45 to take, vendor qualification)

7. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

LOL

Can't say i've ever used it. Can't say I'd ever want to either...

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

HAHAHAAH, butt munchers.... (turns out, you used that phrase)

9. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Lol, that was a great story. My sympathies that you had to live through this harrowing experience =\