What mobile service do you have?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Big B, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

So...I got a cell, but considering how little I was using one when I had a plan, I thought it'd be better to have a pay as you go. After looking around, I went with Virgin Mobile. I only have to put $20 in it every 90 days, which is worth at least 160 minutes (or better, depending on if I talk more than 10 minutes in a day). I got the Kyocera K10 Royale...so I'll see how it goes. If I need to go with a plan, I'd probably go with T-Mobile, but I'll see how this goes. I think ruler of B is going to get a TracPhone since she doesn't use her phone all that much.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I use O2 in the UK, I did have a Nokia 6260 but it broke so I'm using something ancient until my contract expires in January (then I'll get an upgrade to a PDA) :D
    the plan I'm on is really good, £19 a month for 50 mins (don't talk a lot myself) and 500 text messages.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'm on O2 online, I can upgrade but waiting for something decent. Costing 15/month for 200 x/network mins and 500.

not bad.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Pretty good deal there Sniper! I'm with O2 Online, much better deals on the net than in-store!!

5. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I'm with Vodafone AU.
    $30 gets me 100 mins Vodafone 2 Vodafone talk time and 60 free text.
    $50 gets me $230 free credit to use on whatever i like but forfeiting the free talk time and text :(

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Great minds think alike ;)

I'm also on the O2 Online Tariff, costing 25/month 400x/network mins and 1000 free txt.

7. rbrice

rbrice Geek Trainee

Well I have US Cellular :(

I got the service because it's new to the STLouis Area and no one had it so I couldn't get a referral. (The second mouse gets the cheese I guess...).

It had a 30 day warranty (Phone and service.) On the 35th day (no kiddin...) the phone wouldn't turn on. It was fully charged earlier that day and just 3 hrs later the phone wouldn't turn on. I brought it back and asked the guy to fix it. He said he couldn't fix it. That there was a problem with one of the microchips inside. He said the phone was recalled. I asked him to exchange my phone. He said since it was past 30 days, they'd have to send my phone in for repair and give me a loaner (looks like it was made in the early 90's...the loaner phone). I fought with the guy for about 5 minutes and told him I wasn't going to do that. Not only because of the inconvenience but all of my contacts are there in my phone!!! I asked for him to exchange the phone and he refused flat-out!

I called the manager and he also said no. I then went in (again) to talk to the manager face-to-face. He continued saying he would not exchange the phone (which is all I wanted him to do). The magic words were, "Give me the contact info to your district and regional managers". God I hate to be one of those customers buy come on! Take care of your customers. I bought the phone they suggested. Finally - he gave in and exchanged the phone for a new one of the same model. I lost all of my appointments and pictures and ringtones, but I was back at square 1 and okay.

Well, 30 days from that time, it HAPPENED AGAIN! I'm now on V710 #3. This time I didn't have to fight with anyone to get my phone exchanged. It seems that I set a standard for them to exchange the phone out.

I would say to learn by my mistake. U.S. Cellular has very poor "Customer Service". They need to shape it up. It may be worth paying the $150 to go somewhere else...!

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

T-mobile

9. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Im with Vodafone..but only because I have the SE v600i. Which is Vodaphone only and I dont want to unlock it because Ill loose my 3g benefits. Id recommend 02, Virgin or apparently Tesco Mobile is cheap.

10. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I am using Vodaphone
    Pay 4 three mins and talk for 1 hr.........special offer going on
    Texting is free on weekends.......

Well I have Telecom mobile as well.....Its GSM mobile and I will not get more than 30-40$ if I sell it.
    500 texts in $10.............till 2007
    Pay for 3 mins and talk for 2 hrs here.

Telecom owns NZ.......It has monoply over here and it sucks......I have to pay too much for broadband internet connection due to this!~!

11. syngod

syngod Moderator

SaskTel Mobility.

Right now my plan is 6 months unlimited calling and three months unlimited text & picture/video messaging. After that it's 200 daytime minutes and unlimited evening & weekends with voice mail & call display for $20/month.

12. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Tesco Mobile is good, yeah, it's pretty much the same tariff as O2 and the same network, but Tesco have it cheaper than most other companies.

As for me, I'm on an O2 Online 100 plan, 100 minutes and 500 texts for £25 a month, had it for nearly 2 years now and it's done me well, I started the contract off with an old Motorola V600 (new then). I then upgraded after a year to a Black Motorola V3 Razr, didn't like it and switched to a Nokia 6230, which I soon grew to hate, so I couldn't get my Razr back, I went all the way back to a Nokia 3510i until the beginning of this week when I got myself a free Motorola L6, lovely little phone. May upgrade at the end of this contract year just to get my fiance a new Siemens D500 for free. :p

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

My contract has changed (changed beginning of this year), now I'm 18 it's in my name and it's £25 a month for 100 mins and 500 texts. Got myself a new phone too, XDA Mini S on O2. Lovely!

14. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

T-Mobile. It sucks.

15. Fred

Fred Moderator

I'm with Verizon wireless. It's great. I have no complaints.

16. tehown3r

tehown3r Geek Trainee

Motorola V3 (Silver Edition)
    Fido Pay as you go plan :cool: :cool:

17. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Cingular and satisfied, got the Motorola L7.

18. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol i'm not trying to be mean, but most of those providers aren't availible in the US. I had verizon for awhile and had a 30 dollard plan with like 200 or 150 minutes a month, it was really nice though because i had "IN"(talk to any verizon phone free) and everyone i knew had verizon so i never used any minutes. I have a nextel phone now and it through work, but really cheap considering i can't actually call anyone i just have 2 way but its free so can't really beat that. Oh but it does have emergency services so i can call the police and what not. And my dad has Cingular, which i don't really know pricing but he has everything through AT&T so he got a deal. Anyways they really do get good service, he hasn't had a "dropped call" as long as he's been with them. So thats what i know, personally i like verizon, good phones, good service, decent plans.

19. Washu Tiger

Washu Tiger Geek Trainee

Im currently with Orange, whom have jerked me around a little over the last 9 months of my contract. I have niceish V3 Razr Silvr Edition which is terrible at keeping a signal at times and random cuts out. I intend to upgrade to a new plan (Dolphin £35 a month - 550 texts and unlimited texting) and the Nokia N91..when they finally get it out.

20. jeffjohnson90

jeffjohnson90 Geek Trainee

I'm with vodafone AU, they have really good deals but their service is pretty bad. I'm actually considering to switch to Virgin Mobile AU as they have good deals that are value for money. However, I'm not sure what their coverage is like, does anyone know?