What Score Should Gigabyte Xfx 6600gt Get On 3dmark05

Discussion in 'Benchmarking' started by 0cool, Nov 24, 2005.

1. 0cool

0cool Geek Trainee

i got on 3121 3dmark05 with out overclocking it, everything on default, i was woundering if this score is ok, becuase it seems kinda small official site i should be getting about 3281

Attached Files:

2. Addis

Addis The King

Thats probably about right, remember though the CPU and RAM will have an effect on the score aswell.

3. 0cool

0cool Geek Trainee

But i have a 3.0 p4 cpu, and 1Gb ram, shouldn't it improve my score

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

They may have been using performance RAM and an AMD CPU.
    To be honest, don't worry about benchmarks, two of 'the same' systems could get different scores...

5. Addis

Addis The King

I know but P4s aren't known for their excellence in gaming performance. Thats mainly the Athlon 64 chip's domain. And RAM needs to be good quality, decent performance RAM.

6. mo26

mo26 Geek Trainee

i have an xfx 7800gtx and i got ~8600 non overclocked and 9023 when i overclocked it. now the problem is if i overclock it further i get less score, why is that, is it because the artifacts??

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Could be, but that score is an awesome score, SLI systems with FX-57 CPU's only get like 12,000 so you're score is fine.
    Plus don't worry about benchmarks, seriously if you spend all your time worrying that you scored x number of points below someone else's 'similar' system then you'll never really appreciate your computer. My computer is a heap of junk compared to some systems, but I don't worry about that, I'm just glad I have it.

8. mo26

mo26 Geek Trainee

i do appreciate my system, i got it only a few days ago! i cant help but test it out a little, i mean, anyone would...!!
    by the way, i just got 9023 and im really happy about it, no more benchmarking for me...

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Good-Good, yeah it's a nice system, enjoy it!

10. 0cool

0cool Geek Trainee

you get less score because ask you overclock if, you creat more work for it, so it taks twice as long to perform, but if you don't overclock it, it runs normally, you just have to find its limits, when overclocking it, so that it doesn't do any extra work

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, if you're getting artifacts, your RAM is producing errors that you can't see, not to mention that high enough OC's on a video card have started to make the system act funny from personal experience. What's probably happening is that the card has to re-do some renderings because they're getting messed up, which would explain the slow-down...however, I think it's because 3DMark is a pretty sensative test suite and minor changes can seriously affect the score.

Again, 3DMark is a benchmark, without any games based off the engine. Don't waste a lot of time trying to get a satisfactory score out of that. Games like Doom 3, F.E.A.R., HL2, and FarCry are a few examples of where you should actually pay attention.

12. 0cool

0cool Geek Trainee

your definatly right