What to do?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Matt555, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I don't know there might be something useful on this site?
    http://www.eagle-bluff.org/pages/Dick's%20Kid's%20Page%20Files/html/goo.html
    Your ideas are really good though.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Cheers Ex, I'll check them out.

I may just use PVA Glue with some food colouring maybe...I'm going to try and make a see-through ridged pipe as well, so I'll use one of the ridged straws and make it green by filling it with green glue (what I'll make for the goo) and then letting the glue dry, then I can make that come out of the filler (rock) and go back in again.

Hmm many ideas going on, I dont really have a set plan, I'm just going to try ideas as I go along and see what works best.

My dad did suggest making a cover for the computer, so I'm not actually changing the PC case, just making an outer cover to go over the PC so the PC can be taken out of it...well when the project starts I'll post in the case modding section for all to follow my progress.

I would try and set up a webcam link or something (I'd need to ask somewhere on how to do it), I've seen it done elsewhere but I wont be working where my computer currently is, I'll be in the garage (in a garage block just next to my house) and so can't do that, I'll just post pictures of the project as I go along.

Wish me luck! :p

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Awesome mate. Yeah the cover idea sounds smart. Otherwise upgrading or repairing would be a real chore and you'd probably end up damaging your hard work in the process:( Keep up the sweet ideas!

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah that's what I was thinking,
    [ot] Sweet sig Ex! [/ot]

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks man! Glad you approve.

I wonder if you can add dye to that expanding foam stuff? The texture isn't the greatest but there may be some potential.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah I know, that's what I got the filler (car body filler) for so that the expanding foam fills out the space and the body filler can be used for texture...

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Okay, after thinking about the txturing and painting, I think it will be too difficult, I don't want this thing to look amaturish (sp?) so I need other ideas that will be easier for a n00b modder...(that's if I get the chance to do this thing...)

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well I'm even more of a n00b modder, seeing as I don't mod. So are you saying you need a totally new idea or just a new idea in place of the texture/paint part, which is kind of a major aspect.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah it's difficult, something easy for a n00b modder but something that looks stylish and professional...maybe just build a new box to go over it using metal (shiney etc, for a stylish modern cover over the PC...hmm

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, at this point that looks like a good plan. As cool as the toxic waste idea was you may want to save it for the summer or a vacation when you have time to screw around and are more experienced:good:
    Besides with these cases, they could use a modern makeover, but they're small so it shouldn't break the bank to buy the sheet metal or whatever.

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah, or a tribal theme, I've got some really arty friends who could do something amazingly arty with it, then I could find/make small spears and sheilds/masks etc...that would be cool, then I could just spray the filler orange/brown and need less detail...

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Another idea, and this may be the better one that I'll actualy motivate myself to do, Christmas Computer, build the cover and make it Christmassy...have fake snow etc and stuff, that would be quite cool...

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The tribal PC is a sweet idea. Though the Christmas PC has major potential with snow globes, tinsel, and ornimants etc. it's obviously seasonal and may seem a bit weird in April, though I suppose a cheery reminder isnt' such a bad thing:)