what to get that is the question?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by stefan1988, Jul 17, 2004.

1. stefan1988

stefan1988 Geek Trainee

i just sold my fx 5600 and im planning to get a new videocard and i dont know what to get i was looking at the geforce6800 but i saw so many models and there's a big difference in price i want to spend 300$ bucks but if there is a big difference in perfomance that is worth paying i paid more but i dont want to have the card that is 500$ if the extra perfomance is going to waste i sold my fx 5600 becasue on the 3dmark test it always got stuck on the second test that is one reason and the other one is i dont like the game to move slow i want the movemnet to be natural not be an hour waiting for the bullet to arrived at the target any help is apreciated

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, the FX5600 was a real piece of crap, as was much of the early GeForce FX chips (the 5800). I believe the GeForce 6800GT is the mainstream card, while the 6800 Ultra is the high-end one. You might also want to consider ATi as well. For $200 you can snag a Radeon 9800 Pro card, which is comparable to a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra. The Radeon actually was a little better because of full Direct X 9 compliance. Now, their new cards are the Radeon X800 series, but since nVidia cleaned up their act with the 6800 cards, it's less clear which one is better at this point in time. Either one will be great if you want to jump on board for a brand new card.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well the 6800GT isn't exactly mainstream since it beats the X800 Pro.

I've read at rage3d that ati will release an X800GT to compete with the 6800GT which will be a 16-pipe card but I'm not sure when it will come out.

For that price you can get an evga 6800 non-ultra 128mb ($289) at newegg.

The X800 Pro is much more expensive at $460

You can look for benchmarks/reviews on the web to see comparisons between the different cards.

P.S. Your post is quite hard to read. At least use punctuation. It will help us help you.
    Thank you.

4. stefan1988

stefan1988 Geek Trainee

im still on high school i din't put much attention to the teacher so i dont know much about puntuaction that's why i get 4 out of 6 in my essays becasue of puntuaction

5. stefan1988

stefan1988 Geek Trainee

i think i gonna get myself that card the geforce 6800 on newegg i think 100 dollars more for that perfomance is worthy

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Sounds good.

Now, about the punctuation. This isn't a slam on you, and we're not English major's here, but it helps people to be able to follow what someone is saying. I'm less inclined to respond if I have to make an effort to figure out what's being said in the first place. The mods and myself aren't being paid to come here and do this. It's because we want to do this on our free time.
    I know this is going to make me sound like an old guy (unless you consider 23 to be old ;)), but some stuff you learn in school is just helpful in everyday life.

Now, have fun blowing sh*t up!!:p