Who Likes Southern Fried?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by ProcalX, Nov 7, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

No not the chicken, the sad and lonely site of my X800Pro that cost me around £350 a few months back.. Yes i modded it to a X800XT, pushed it one bit further and ive fucked it, its completely gone.

Which obviously i am thrilled about, because i have £300-£400 to throw around like most people do.. :swear:

Well its my own fault.. anyway what do i do? i go out and buy a Ge-Force 6800 128mb 12 Pipeline, very nice.. then it decides after 2 weeks of having it with no overclocking, its not going to work, and its going to go to the undertakers early.. so i sent it back.. now currently waiting a replacement part, which apparently is going to take 3 - 4 weeks as they are out of stock and cannot get hold of large amounts of stock..

I've just built my new 64bit machine (939), top parts.. Abit came out on top of the MSI K8N Platinum, hence why i got the board i have, as i figured although when crunching numbers the difference was marginally 2%.. its enough.. especially since its a cheaper board :p

anyway, my current system without graphics card.. now runs at specification wise at:
    480W Silent Pure Power T\Take
    CoolerMaster Centurion 2 / 2x 80mm Case Fans
    Abit AV8 3RD Eye
    Amd 64Bit 3000+
    Geil 512mb Golden
    Ge-Force Wait.. for it.. 2 MX 64mb :O

And the suprising thing.. on my systems 1ghz celeron she gets 30-40fps in Counter-Strike Steam, i get 100fps solid on my 64bit lol.. makes u realise how good they are!

2. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Can't you RMA it and say that the guy in the shop dropped it?? They don't have to know you cooked it to death!!

Although the charred black marks on the topside could be an indication...

4. Addis

Addis The King

You broke an x800? an x800? Can't you people be happy with what you got?!!! :p
    If theres no marks on it just use a rubber on the GPU to completely :swear: it up. Then RMA it.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, mega ouch.

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

No its burnt out the the point that the gpu actually smells and there are like black marks on it lol

+ I brought through a mate who got one very cheap, so i have no way of taking it back if u know what i mean :good:

Only cost me £70 as well :)