Why

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Willz, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Ok, maybe i should of put this in general, but anyway, i am curious as to why when i go stand in the corner (were the bass is at it's loudest) of my room about 3M away from my crt monitors, i look at the crt monitors and when the bass bangs, i see the crt monitors screen like go wierd or somthing, like sak or somthing :s, it dont do it when i am near the monitors tho :s

2. zeus

zeus out of date

Why :s

When I brush my teeth (with an electric toothbrush) my screen goes wavey and flickers.

Maybe your bass is wobbling your eyeballs! :mad:

3. zeus

zeus out of date

My message entered twice!

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

It's probably the magnetic field of the subwoofer - the magnetic field of that thing would be quite big I would think, as long as it doesn't start distorting the colours etc it should be okay.

5. Willz

The magnetic field is only about 1M, monitors are about 3-5M away from the sub.

6. Addis

Addis The King

If it states that its only 1m in the manual, well the manual is wrong.

Thats definately the magnetic field, it can't be anything else if it happens when the bass goes loud.

7. Willz

As i said when i go close to the monitors i dont see this wierd stuff on the crt, and it only happens when the bass is loud, and when the sub gets turned up load the magentic fiel wont increase, it stays the same.