win2kpro access

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by ninja fetus, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Any way I can remotely login from a mac 0sx to my win2kpro box at home?

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

You could use Windows terminal services or a VNC server. Neither has very good security though. Of course, you could always augment it with SSL Explorer to act as a strong entry point. I can't speak for how it runs on Windows as I've only run it on Linux, but it's great so far and I've never had security issues.

3. ninja fetus

I'm not too concerned about security as I don't have really much of anything needing protecting.
    basically what I'm trying to do is get music from my computer at home and use firefox through it so I can get past my school's stupid filters for a class.

4. Anti-Trend

Well I'm concerned about your security, because the last thing the world needs is yet another 0wn3d Windows machine running rampant. :p Besides, SSL Explorer will do exactly what you want to do and more, and it'll do it securely through a nifty web interface. It can also provide a secure means of connecting to other inherently insecure services such as VNC by the same methods. It's FOSS, what do you have to lose?

5. ninja fetus

alright I'll try and set it up when I get home, thanks

6. Anti-Trend

Not a problem dude. I also run it myself on one of my servers, so if you need help I can offer at least a modicum of support.