Windows 7 installation drinking game [draft]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Impotence, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

As we are getting close to the release of windows 7 and Microsoft is encouraging parties to celebrate this (a 'feature' copied from the Firefox 3 release as far as i can tell) i thought we could all get together and form a plan to help these poor individuals drink there sorrows away.

Note: I would not recommend that anyone planning to have a windows 7 'party' actually attempt (under any circumstances) to install windows 7 as a party trick as failure and humiliation will ensue.

The Windows 7 drinking game rules

* One shot for every “ethnic” face in an install graphic.
    * An extra shot if it’s pasted over the head of a white person.
    * One shot for every white face pasted over the head of a non-white person.
    * One shot for every program with the Office 2007 “ribbon” toolbar stuck on it completely inappropriately.
    * One shot for every exciting “new” feature that’s been in Mac OS and Linux for the past five years.
    * An extra shot if the exciting “new” feature’s been in Mac OS and Linux for the past ten years.
    * One shot every time a message about how wonderful windows 7 is (ie New and improved features etc, redesigned x, y and z).
    * One shot every time the word exciting is used.
    * One shot every time you reboot during the install.
    * One shot every time the system asks to reboot just because it feels like it.
    * Two shots every time it reboots even though you said “no.”
    * One shot for ever driver or software cd you need to install (ie motherboard, scanner software etc. games don't count, unless they need direct x etc)
    * One shot for every update that you have to install and an extra shot for every reboot required to install them.
    * Drain the bottle if there’s an actual feature that makes Windows 7 so much better than sticking with XP that you’ll spend actual money to get it.
    * A bitter mouthful every time the system blue-screens.

original version stolen from notnews.today.com, additions by me.

Please suggest some more :) (or even suggest a different order)

PS drink responsibly, this game may induce alcohol blood poisoning and or death if actually attempted.

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Sure, I'll drink to that :)

If everyone would do that, they should add a discount coupon for a liver transplant with each Windows 7 copy :D

3 suggestions to add:

* One shot for every UAC message that pops up.
    * One shot for each compatibility issue that you encounter.
    * One shot for every loan shark that comes up to your door, because MS drained your bank account again :D

3. Impotence

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I know why. The US needs balloons to cover stuff like this:
    [​IMG] :D

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

wow... thats a list... You would most definitely be smashed after that.

6. Impotence

just been shown this by a friend, apparently it was on Stephen Fry's twitter feed