Windows 9

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Ghostman 1, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It doesn't surprise me. Windows is one of Microsoft staple products. If they don't continue to put out new products and rest on their laurels too long (Windows XP), then they risk the same fate as RIM may very well end up having. I've heard they want to be more regular with major OS releases, much like Apple is with OSX.

3. ryannP

ryannP Geek

I can't wait for windows 9. Microsoft experiments tend to go very bad (unlike apple's), but after they learn their lesson, they get pretty good. I'm betting that w9 will kick a lot of a$$.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Windows 8 is going to be a Flop, From what I have read, Microsoft has built in spyware to tell Microsoft all about what you install on your computer..
    They are getting way to ahead of themselves.. Stay Away from windows 8 and probably windows 9... Windows 7 is going to be around a long time, just like XP..

5. ryannP

ryannP Geek

I don't really believe in that conspiracy thing, but still, although i can get w8 for free as a student, i think i'm gonna stay on w7 for a long time.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I think Windows 8 is great as a mobile OS, but I'm not sure how well it will work with a desktop. Having said that, I am looking forward to Windows Phone 8.

7. Green805

Green805 Geek Trainee

Hello,

Some Windows OS were good (XP, 7) but some were not good at all. Speaking about mobile OS, WP7 is great. I have a Nokia Lumia 710 at the moment and really satisfied with it. I am also trying to develop an own app for it. Recently came across a good guide with code examples. It helped me a lot during the start (in case you are interested: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_511-windows-phone-platform-voip.html). I am also looking forward to replace my Lumia 710 to a Lumia 920.

8. ryannP

ryannP Geek

Lumia 920 sure is sweet....but NO RADIO?! Come on!

9. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I would not install Vista, It was one of the Worst OS that Microsoft built... I would say Windows XP and Windows 7 are the two best,, Just My opinion through..