Windows Media Player DVD problems

Discussion in 'General Software' started by MagicalVacation, Feb 5, 2003.

1. MagicalVacation

MagicalVacation Geek Trainee

When playing DVD's in Windows Media Player 9.0, the video playback keeps stopping after about 5 minutes and then only the audio playback continues...

Also when Playing the Xvid Die Another Day movie, the audio playback (AC3 Audio) stops after about 5 minutes and only the video playback seems to continue. What I also noticed is that the synchronisation between the video and audio of the Xvid movie wasn't quite good to begin with.

Any solutions?

Thanx,
    -MagicalVacation.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I don't know about WMP 9, but in past versions, it wasn't that smooth, regardless of the hardware used. If you can, I'd advise trying a DVD Player software like Win DVD or Power DVD.

3. MagicalVacation

MagicalVacation Geek Trainee

I'd try WinDVD, but I can't use Kazaa, 'cause of firewall and network issues, so I wouldn't know where to get it...

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

InterVideo has a trial version of their WinDVD @ www.intervideo.com. It's only a trial, but it can help narrow down to whether it's the software or not.

5. syngod

syngod Moderator

Try running divx/xvid movies through WMP 6.4, just goto your start menu > run > and type "mplayer2". It uses alot less resources so hopefully it should be smoother.

What AC3 filters do you have installed? I haven't run into a problem with the one's from Doom 9.

[And before the MPAA comes after me, I own all the movies I've encoded, just my laptop chokes on them but not on divx go figure :rolleyes:]