Windows won't detect FireWire

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Vexlith, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Vexlith

Vexlith Geek Trainee

I have a Gigabye GA-8IPE1000 (revision 2) mobo, and for some reason it wont detect either of my two FireWire ports. I have one 3 port PCI Firewire card, and another Firewire cable that connects directly to a pin socket on the mobo labeled "F2-1394"

Windows doesn't want to detect either of these, as they should be plug and play.

Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

IS this a new Motherboard ? If it is, You will need to install all the drivers that came with the motherboard. This is the very first thing done after install a new motherboard. If it is an older motherboard,Then you will have to still find those drivers.. Did you get a setup disk with your motherboard or with your firewire
    card ?

3. Vexlith

Vexlith Geek Trainee

I did more research on the matter and I found out my motherboard didn't have FireWire enabled in the BIOS (oops). I enabled it and windows automatically installed some drivers.

Still, though, my camcorder wont get detected (I'm using a JVC GR-D90U). This is the only firewire device I have, so I can't really test to see if it's the firewire card or the camcorder. Again the firewire card is connected directly to the motherboard via a pin socket.