Wolfenstein

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Moobrack, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Is the game 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' a good game?

I have heard reports of mixed comments from people and I dont know which to believe. Could you give me some game info and things like what time its set in, where it is set and things like that please. I would appreciate it greatly.

Thankyou

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've heard it's a good game, tho one magazine said the bad thing about it was the steep system requirements. Bah! Most gamers are gonna be well equiped to run RTCW.

3. syngod

syngod Moderator

I'd say it depends on how you plan to play it. If it's mainly for single-player the game is quite short, it took me a total of 6 hours to beat the game and most of that was spent on 1 stealth level.

If your planning on playing it in multiplayer I'd say it's a great game but due to the fact I can only seem to get on 3 out of 10 times without getting an getting an invalid key message (despite purchasing the game) I lower my rating a bit on it :).

Best way to explain MP is Counterstrike on steroids, and the single player game is any old FPS with a few stealth missions thrown in.

Overall I'd say it's a good game and if you do pick it up and don't experience the key problems I'm getting I'd say it's a great game.

[If I get time I'll do a full review for techwarenet, but right now I'm too busy playing Project Gotham Racing to do anything :)]

4. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

thanx guys!

5. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

I've had this game for a hwile now and would say it's a very good game.

As Syno above said the single player is fairly short, I completed in 9 hours (damn you SynGod!! :p )....but for me the whole point is the Multiplayer mode.

At first glance the amount of levels look few, but when you start playing them there is so much to each map that you realise why. (more official MP maps are being released as well).

There's a three MP modes: complete the objectives, domination-esque & another which swaps the teams over after the time runs out (from what I can remember). There's no deathmatch as such, but that's kind of a relief as it wouldn't work at all. Leave that for your UnReal.

You then have chose of the role you want to play, ie. Medic, Soldier, Leutenient or Engineer. All have there part to play, such as the medic being able to drop medipacks for other players, and also being able to revive non-mamed players. The soldier is normal, chose your weapon kick ass. The Leutenient can drop ammo for players and also call in airstrikes (class!). The engineer can set dynamite to complete objectives and all can fix damage weapons.

All-in-all I think it's a game that will lastability due to it's MP experience, and believe me, it's great for LAN's.

If it's not your sort of game, then wait for UnReal 2, a summer realise I think......Oooo, and Serious Sam 2!. :cool:

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm personally content with Deus Ex that I'm going through right now.

7. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

could you give me a little info on deus ex please?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's an RPG/FPS game. If you liked Half-Life, you'll love Deus Ex. You play as JC Denton and you are an augmented guy, something like a cyborg. You can choose what skills you have, such as lockpicking, heavy weapons, rifles, detonation devices, and what augmentations you have, like regeneration, invulnerability, super strength, etc. This is the FPS game of all time. I like other FPS games too, but this takes the cake.
    You wanna run-n-gun? You can. You can also avoid fighting---and potential injury too. There are at least 3 different endings to the game.

9. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Right!

Thanx alot Big B, you have now convinced me to buy the game.

WAHEY!!!!

Cheers

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Or, if you're looking at a new sound card, buy the Audigy X-Gamer. It has DX and Giants with it.:D

11. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Got it!

I got the game, 110% happy with it.

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's good ain't it.:D

13. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Writing a review.....

I am currently half way through writing a review for the game.