Won't install windows/restarts

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SBOSlayer, Nov 24, 2009.

1. SBOSlayer

SBOSlayer Geek Trainee

Hey all :)

I was just hoping someone can help me with this small problem i seem to be having. Lets start with the fact i'm currently a computer engineering student and have alot of experience fixing computers, however i have finally came across one i just can't rap my head around :(

I have a pc here and when i try to install windows it refuses to do it. Takes me to different stages every time before it just decides to restart. I have swapped out the memory, the hard drive, the cd rom drive, the graphics card and nothing. It still won't install windows without restarting. I even tried installing another hard drive with windows pre-installed, still restarts. also changed out the cables and checked that the capcitors aren't burst. There are no visible scortch marks on the board... I have absolutly no idea where the other problem could be unless it's a faulty motherboard or cpu.

It's an AMD athloon 3400+
    512mb ram or 256mb (tested)
    64mb graphics
    120gb hard drive
    Eberly (GA-K8VM-P-NF)

In addition i have taken out all PCI cards.

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

disconnect the reset switch from the motherboards control panel. Also touch the NB and SB heatsinks see if your having any heat issues. also try another psu.

3. baghdaddy

baghdaddy Geek Trainee

Hey
    Earlier today I installed Vista 64 bit, and it kept doing a crash dump and restarting over and over again. Searched the web with my laptop and some one sugested using only 2GB of memory to install then install the rest later. I pulled 2 of the 4 1GB memory sticks out and "presto" it worked. Not sure if this helps in you situation, but its worth a try.:)