Wow, now THAT'S a heatsink!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by ThePenguinCometh, Jun 2, 2005.

1. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Holy crap! I thought the CoolerMaster Hyper6 and the Thermalright XP-120 were monsters...

*Insert Prescott joke here*

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Is that to cool the air conditioning unit cooling the room where they installed the overclocked AMD? :alarm: :alarm: :alarm: :alarm:

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

can you post the link where you found this? If the price is right I may be interested in a heatsink upgrade...

5. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

I found the original article here. I don't know if it is on sale anywhere yet and I didn't find anything in a Google search so I'm not even entirely sure if it's serious or not but I'd like to see one of those installed in a PC!

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

i think it's just for fun

7. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

If it's for real the computer that has it must be on it's side, the XP-120 is already almost too heavy.

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

1400Watts of power...the national power grid would suffer greatly if that thing was ever turned on...maybe it should be used for a 'flying PC' project or used to suck toxic fumes out of heavily populated areas? They can't be serious can they? :rolleyes:

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

i wonder how many CFMs that cranks, holy crap thats big

10. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Take a very close look at it. Personally I think it is computer generated graphics.

11. Joe

Joe Geek Trainee

I hate to brake it to everyone, but I saw this on another forum. That is only half the picture. The other half has the real smaller one on it. Its about the size of the "Sonic Tower" HS. They just made this for the hell of it. I'll have to find the other half for you guys.
    -Joe

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah probably, that is probably a display or something, to catch peoples atention and draw them over to their stand in a computer fair or something...good idea though, i really dont think they coul mass manafacture that, they might have had a few people asking for them but seriously would you buy it? and i mean seriously, not just "oh hell yeah" because there are many things to think about....new case, new power supplies, stronger motherboard mounts (could it really take the weight?!)

13. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Why is anyone remotely surprised that is not real?