x800 gto connect 3d pci-e I messed up think i broke it help me please

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by lowIQ, Feb 12, 2006.

1. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

i recently put togeter a pc my old 1 was realy old so needed to upgrade
    using

amd 64 3200+ cpu
    asus a8n-sli premium Mobo
    1 gig samsung ram
    200 gig maxaror sata hard drive

and a radeon x800 gto connect 3d

i whanted to over clock the g card but dint read the guide properly i downloaded a old ati tool from guru.com then whent to techpowerup.com i was directed strait to the page for the mod http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/vidcard/127/2
    i downloaded at it where it says here it came with a exec file and 2 other files flashrom i dint understand it fully so pressed the exe filles a few times this dos screen poped up then vanished so i thought if i droped the connect 3d file that was in the folder onto it it would flash the bios (wasnt shure tho) so after i dint know if i did anything and read that the card had to have a specific code with atitool displays. i was using the old 1 from guru.com and it dint show the code so i downloaded the 1 from ati tool it showed the code and it showed my card cudent be moded so i ran 3dmark 2005 with it unclocked unlowing if i had done anything with the files i downloaded i got 4478 points then i over clocked the core and memory and got it to 5542 points at 60 c temp 530 clock 550 memory from the defalt 400 clock 490 mem anyway after that i played a game and lost 25 fps i have tried a few things cant get it back to as good as it was b4 im reay worried i broke it if anyone can help ill be foreva gratefull

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

put your clock settings back to default, and if you can, flash your graphics card back to the orriginal bios aswell.