xgp slot is the problem??

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by rondell, Oct 16, 2005.

1. rondell

rondell Geek Trainee

i recently bought a 64 bit mother board with pci express and a xgp slot. i dnt have money to buy a pci express card right away so i am using a nvidia 6200 agp card on the xgp slot. games are working fine but i cant watch any videos on my computer. when i try it jus stalls my computer and prcessor usage goes to 100%. how can i fix this? i knw its the drivers for the card and i ahve the latest ones. help!!!!!!!!

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It likely is the XGP slot,
    check this out: http://www.biostar-usa.com/knowledgespec.asp?faqid=99962
    It looks like older cards are the target components for this slot unfortunatly, this could be what is causing the odd experience. I can't say it makes any sense but keep that in mind. You may want to concider RMAing your 6200 for a PCIe version, the price varies very little.

3. rondell

rondell Geek Trainee

well actually last night i figured out the problem and its the direct draw. when i disable that i am able to watch the videos however i cant play games. and when i enable it i can play my games but cant watch videos.so it is the xgp slot i guess..thanks anyways

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No prob man. Well I dont' know about you but I'd hate to keep messing with that, I'd just RMA it and get a PCIe version.