XP Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Catweasel, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Catweasel

Catweasel Geek Trainee

I have a Fuji Esprimo laptop which I plan to upgrade.Presently pre-installed with Vista Basic,I intend to fit a new hard drive and XP Pro.I've already upped the RAM to 2GB.However,does XP have the drivers needed for the WIFI etc,or do I need to go searching for the drivers required.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

If that laptop came with Vista, then you will more than likely will have to hunt down the drivers, IF it possible...First you will need to know What chipset you have, What Video card you have,What sound card you have and what network adapter you have..
    Next, you will have to find all these drivers for XP....

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi

Personally, I would install XP and then start hunting the drivers down.
    You might find that when updating Windows, you will have some if not all required drivers (normally under optional updates). Alternatively, if you know the exact model of the laptop, a visit to Fujitsu's website will help you find the missing ones.

Good luck... :cool:

4. waugh

waugh Geek Trainee

If HP only offers the Vista and Vista-64 drivers, there is a good chance that most of the drivers you will need for XP are already in XP. Try installing XP and I think you will see that it has all of the drivers it needs.Hard Disk Manager

5. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

maybe this can help you. Device Doctor.. It is an application that scans your computer hardware and checks to see if there are new driver updates available for your devices. It also locates drivers for "unidentified devices" in the Windows Device Manager.

scorps65 likes this.
  6. amerifax

amerifax Geek Trainee

I used to do the Driver Dance tell I got Driver Genius Pro. It does all the work Plus. It finds drivers that I never new existed but needed.

Bob

7. Sophia Christchurch

Sophia Christchurch Geek Trainee

Go online and do a driver search for the WIFI device on your laptop. Just input the model of your laptop and then go look for the specific WIFI driver for it...

8. Jan Benedict

Jan Benedict Geek

Check on Fujitsu's website and search for your laptops model, then go to drivers, and then check if there's a OS option and windows xp 32bit, assuming you only have 2gb of ram.

9. shiva

shiva Geek Trainee

i think driver pack solution will help you. try it.

10. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

This Post is over 5 years old..It is bound to be fix by now..