Yahoo Widgets

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Matt555, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've just downloaded the app on my laptop - it's freaking awsome, I love little apps that just give basic info - but I don't want them all 'in my face' and everywhere, so with Yahoo Widgets I've set them all to only appear when I press F8 to show widgets (heads up display as it's known I think)

Below is a screenshot f the widgets I have running at the minute - I love the quick and easy access to them.

Linky to screenshot

The widgets that are running are:

Photo Frame (Top left - looks like a pretty blank box as I have no photos on here at the minute)
    Tetris - like game next to the photo frame.
    Hangman under the photo frame.
    CPU monitor - shows the actiity level of both my cores.
    Hardware Forums monitor - it's a site monitor that shows a small graph of activity on the site - you can set it to any site you want.
    Battery level indicator.
    CPU level monitor - I guess this takes an average as it doesn't show both cores.
    Volume level indicator / adjuster.
    Clock.

They're all incredibly useful and there's thousands of widgets, I've only downloaded and look through a few.

So if anyone else is using Yahoo Widgets or comes across any useful ones here's the place t post them!

-Matt

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Very nice Matt. I have a lost one and a timer counts down 108 minutes and you have to enter 4 8 15 16 23 42....sad but a a nice little novelty tool to show people.

EDIT: That is also one fat ass task bar you've got there :)

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Nice - got any links? That Lost numbers one sounds cool hehe.

Yeah I always have my taskbar double height, I just find it nicer.

*EDIT* - found them.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've configured one of my mouse buttons to be F8 so I can launch them without taking my hand off the mouse, makes things a little easier :)

5. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

First weather widget i have found to include weather for York :), loads of widgets, great find :good: