YES, finally found these links, again... Windows 7 dissapointment.

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Ok, so first off, not these links specificly, but whats in them.. and by now i could have made my own right up, but oh well. (minus some stuff in a couple links which i found, but wasn't looking for??)

Why does Windows slow down eventually - Ubuntu Forums
    HTML:

The myth of "MinWin" and a thinner Windows 7 |Windows Sentinel | Randall C. Kennedy | InfoWorld
    Linux.com :: Commentary: New Windows "filesystem" a threat to Open Source
    CNET.com.au's quick guide to Windows Vista's new file system - Operating Systems Software

Yeah, so i was pretty disappointed with all they didn't do with 7, but i guess they did say 7 was going to be Vista SP2..... Yeah, Microsoft really does need a complete re-write of their software, and ditch all the legacy stuff.... but who knows when that will happen. And yes Mega, we know you love Windows ;)

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

[ot]
    Megamaced and Windows, sitting in a tree
    D-E-F-R-A-G-M-E-N-T-I-N-G[/ot]
    Seriously though, those links help illustrate why I left the Microsoft world of faux technology a long time ago. I've never regretted it to date. :D

Also, here's another for your list: http://anti-trend.homelinux.org/literature/cybersnare/

3. little dave

little dave Geek Trainee

That's the key with Windows. If you want a stable OS wait for service pack 2 or better. Xp sucked but after a few service packs it runs fine. I think Visa will be the same.

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Some products are just so bad, that they can't be fixed. Windows Vista is like the Lada in the car industry :)

5. zeus

zeus out of date

Forgetting the Lada Niva :)