You have Ignored an Incoming Call. Press the Ok Button.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by matttibb, Oct 27, 2004.

1. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I get this message nearly everytime i go online and it disconnects me everytime. I've ran all spyware etc on my system but that does nothing and i've searched all over google for fixes to this problem but i can't find anyone with the same problem who has actually found a fix! I am on Freeserve and my modem is a NetoDragon 56k Voice Modem. This mostly happens at night :confused: but i don't know what relevance this has and i knoq no-one is actually phoning me because it happens so late and then once it has started it won't stop and that's my online use over for the night.I'll be looking foward for replies.

Regards

Matt

2. Addis

Addis The King

Try stopping your call back service if you have one.

3. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

What is a callback service and where on my pc would i find it?

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I think he's talking about something like a call waiting setup.

The other thing you might want to try is using a different access number to connect to.

5. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Pardon my ignorance but what is the access number :confused:
    In another post someone called Ellaine (i think) had the same problem and she seemed to sort it out by someone sending her a 'fix patch'. I have emailed her regarding this but havn't had a reply yet. Does anyone know anything about this?

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Haven't used the ISP you have, so it's concievable there might be some wierd issue with their ISP software.

The access number would be the number your modem dials to in order to connect to the internet. ISPs have many of these for dialup, but it could be that the one you currently have is screwed up somehow. Of course, if it's there's some sort of software glitch, changing this likely won't do anything for you.

7. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

ok, so my problem still stands. I wish i could get hold of Ellaine who managed to fix it :( Thanks for the replies.