Zeitgeist

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

The funny thing about most information/knowledge is that its depressing. In some way, whatever you learn about this world, whatever it is, it is always connected to something else. You learn about how these two chemicals combine to form X compound, and form this chemical chain, and then you learn you ABC company uses it food or fertilizer, but you know that X compound is poison... You may take economics classes, learn how the economy works, and then you realize how screwed up everything is. You take history classes and learn that all we have done is repeat all of mankind's previous mistakes... Anyways, this video is important, i suggest everyone take a look at it.

Zeitgeist, The Movie - Remastered / Final Edition

2. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Haha interesting observation. I guess it is true a lot of the time. But mostly I'd say it's true when the knowledge has to do with something social (very broadly speaking). Like your example of history. I don't think it applies to any of the scientific knowledge we've amassed over time. For example, there's nothing depressing about humans learning that the Earth is round and stuff like that. (that's a ridiculously cliche example but oh well.)

Didn't watch the movie, maybe during spring break -- next week, woot!