2 videocards ?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by RZA, Sep 1, 2002.

1. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

Hi,
    I've got an old TNT 2 32mb pci videocard and I wonder if i could install it and then have 2 monitors where i can like play on 1 and watch a movie on another

Is this possible ?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes. You can use multiple monitors. I'm not sure how well nVidia cards do in multi-card environments, however.

3. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

If i do it will I have 2 desktops or will they be the same ?
    And is there something to get 2 keyboards and/or mouses working seperate cuze i got 1 ps/2 and 1 usb ?

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

At http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q238886& they say:
    Before you insert your secondary display adapter, confirm that it has VGA-disabled selected. (This is done with either a jumper or a small dip switch located on the secondary display adapter. If you cannot locate a jumper or switch, then consult the manufacturer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for more information.)

Maybe any1 know how to do this with a TNT 2,it doesnt have any jumpers.

5. syngod

syngod Moderator

I don't think you should have a problem with your TNT Card, just have the latest Detonators installed and make sure nView is active and hopefully it should work.

6. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

ok i'm gonna try it now
    The win xp sp 1 was at 5kb/sec and lower now anyway lol

7. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

Omg it worked !
    I never thought I could do this with a tnt 2 card I can now watch Tv while my sister surfs the web :D
    It works so easy i can move my mouse from 1 monitor to the other :cool:

I wonder if i could play CS and watch Tv gonna try that later.

Thx for all ure help

8. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

BTW Is there a way i could use my 2 mouse and 2 keyboards seperate now they function as 1 device 2gether
    and is it possible to get 2 diferent desktops on each monitor(now i only get my desktop background picture wthout start menu) ?

9. syngod

syngod Moderator

Not sure about the mouse/keyboard issue however you can have seperate desktops in each monitor. just goto the nView Desktop Manager in your control panel and run through the setup wizard and it should have an option to set up seperate monitors. I haven't tried so don't hold me too it though :D.

10. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

It does have a option for more then 1 desktop but not using 2 different desktops, its just to change ure desktop stuff quick for 1 monitor
    At http://www.multiplemonitors.org/ I found some programs that can have 2 different desktop on 2 monitors I'm gonna test then later.

11. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

lol I underclocked the TNT card to 65/75 thats someting different then 200/400 for my gf 3 :D

12. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

huh why cant I edit my posts ? well anyway none of those programs did really what i wanted(1 gave me a taskbar though)

Btw when I played cs and watched tv it lagged