?!?! 9600se!?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by ninja fetus, Sep 6, 2004.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

My 9600SE!!! It Died??!?!?

I just got from the beach...Popped booted up...all was well.. I got some major artifacts, my screen was flashing. rebooted. It didnt work. I thought my ram died, so i swapped it around, i popped in my old tnt2 vanta ant it works, the temps on my 9600SE were just above ambient...It says that it has a manufacturer's warranty... But I Have a feeling they will wiggle their way out some how...any ideas?!

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

it does sound like its died! you should be able to get a replacement from ATI. I doubt they will wiggle out of it if still under warranty.

are you still using differnt ram or the same ram you were using with the 9600SE?

3. ninja fetus

same, the ram's fine

4. Sniper

you can try the card in another system if you have one! if you get the same results then get a replacement from ATI!

5. ninja fetus

I'm gonna send it to "diamond multimedia" that's who made the card... In device manager it says "sapphire radeon 9600" but the box says 9600SE, Newegg sells the same card as sapphire radeon 9600SE. Weird S#**

6. Sniper

diamond, that reminds me of my 56k modem make! hehe! I think you have to go though a RMA process? I went though that with Gainward for my Ti4200 it took over 9 months!

7. ninja fetus

F___. Thanks!

8. Addis

Addis The King

I've RMAd my K7N2 an its taking a while. The woman who sold it me did it and she told me to phone her. i did and then she said she'll phone me. Still not heard anything. Addis getting annoyed.

9. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Humm,... the RMA process. Sounds pretty long,... I had to replace a game with Eidos once,... took about a week and a half.

10. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Send it to ATI. I believe one guy on this form send back his ATI 9600pro or XT for replacement because it defactive. His reply was that ATi send him a 9800pro as a replacement. Who knows maybe you would get lucky too.
    Maybe somebody at the forum remembers it.

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If it's made by Diamond, ATi can't do anything. Yeah, they supply the graphics chips, but they have no control over how Diamond conducts business.

12. ninja fetus

damn, this sucks. 2 months old, OC'ed for like a half hour, and i had two 80mm fans cooling it! Argh.

13. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, it's safe to say it's under warranty at least. ;) Still sucks, but at least you can get it taken care of. Of course, you'll probably not be able to get in contact with anyone since it's Labor Day today.

14. ninja fetus

Oh well, back to the tnt2 vanta that doesnt even support openGL....

15. ninja fetus

I'm gonna check with my friend see if i can bum a matrox off him

16. ninja fetus

Ok, I got a handy dandy can of compressed air and blew out all the dust ion my agp slot, I uninstalled ATI drivers, put the card back in, TA-DA!
    I guess it works now. So far... I'll play some games on it and see whats the deal-io.

17. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Might've not been getting enough airflow or something. Enough heat can cause some artifacting.

18. ninja fetus

I had two 80mm fans onit, one blowing across the heatsink one one the top of the card

19. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Hmmmm...Keep an eye on it.

20. ninja fetus

I'm getting some minor very minor inconsistant artifacts in walls, i havent rebooted after latest catalyst install though. sorry if my spellyng sucks!