AC97 Front Panel Modification Antec Case

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Habibrobert, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Habibrobert

Habibrobert Geek Trainee

Hi all,

I have an antec super lanboy case with AC97 front audio panels. My motherboard however, only supports HD audio front panels. I really like my case and don't want to switch it out for one that supports HD audio. I had the idea of some how tweaking the current front audio panel to make it conform to HD audio standards.

After hours of googling, I finally came across a thread that discussed this very subject! Here is the link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] io-support

The people talking on the thread seemed to be very knowledgable in schematics and wiring. From my understanding, they said such a modification is doable. The only thing is, I'm not very good with reading schematics and soldering. Don't get me wrong, I can solder wires, but I don't think I have the necessary skill to solder small computercomponents!

So I decided to come on here and ask for some help! Is there anyone out there that is able to perform this modification? Of course I will be able to pay you for your time!

Or does anyone know of any such front panel replacements for this case so I can just swap out the panel entirely? This would be the easier solution, but I don't seem to find many front panel parts out there.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks a lot.