accidental partition

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by Blue2Dead, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

plz no laughing,, k long story short i got a nasty virus just went for a fresh re install of windows in a rush i somehow made the C: a 7 mb partition and F: is main or whatever so far i havent had a prob most games have detected which drive to download too but i ran into a java app, try to load the plug-in to play it but says not enough space is their anyway i can manually make it install to F: ,, cuz i think the problem is its trying to save to C: or am i totally wrong lol <<<<< am kinda newb.:doh: any help would be appreciated thx

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

we don't laugh at peoples mistakes, anyway i think TweackUI can change the default install locations

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

To be frank, personaly, I would start over.
    I know it is a pain, especialy with the long install, but I truly beleive in good house keeping. C: is C: and so forth. There is no point trying to work around a wrong set-up...

I would take the pain as a learning curve and start again.
    I bet you it will be a while before you make that mistake again.

That's MHO... ;)

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

R u sure its not 7GB???:confused:
    Definately there should be a way nd a java guy can tell u this thing (not me lol)....Alternatively, check to see if u can delete or uninstall something which is not required to install java on it...

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i think 7Mb is the minimum partition size, although i could be wrong[ot]please re-hire the snipers, they've got wives & 17 kids between the pair of them[/ot]

6. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I dont know about minimum but I know that u loose 8MB space if you create a partition on ur drive.....
    [ot]
    WTF! How about my family, my childrens???:confused:[/ot]

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

dunno, never compared free HDD space before and after creation of a partition
    [ot]sorry, but you originally hired them & started to pay them, so, their lose out (no wages & nothing to do)[/ot]