Acer does not beep on start up/no signal to monitor

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by crystal4042, Jan 26, 2014.

1. crystal4042

crystal4042 Geek Trainee

Hello,

Did my computer give up? [​IMG] I shut it down yesterday and when I tried to turn it on this is what occurs.

The blue light on the tower comes on (solid blue), I hear the fans running and disk drive noise, but no beeps. The monitor says acer, then no signal and turns off(amber color). Any ideas as to the cause of the problem?

Acer Aspire M3100

Windows Vista

4400+ AMD Athlon 64x2 processor /2GB//320GB/DVDRW drive

I am not very computer literate, so please ask if further information is required. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Probably PSU or motherboard is broken. Both are always crap on Acer/HP/... machines.

crystal4042 likes this.
  3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It sounds like you onboard video went out,you could try a video card to see if that will fix your problem..

crystal4042 likes this.
  4. crystal4042

crystal4042 Geek Trainee

I'll have to google away to see what these items are.:rolleyes:

Thank you both for the replies.

5. crystal4042

crystal4042 Geek Trainee

Okay so the onboard video is just another name for the motherboard, I'm assuming. Now a video card would already be inside the computer and needs replacement?

I know I must sound terribly dumb, sorry. I looked for the service manual on line, however, it was about 95 pages long and the little diagrams were just letters (another language to me).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  6. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

No. Motherboard is like http://gcctech.org/cec/motherboards/motherboard1_large.gif

and video card is like http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/graphics-card-5.jpg

However video chip may be integrated into motherboard, and then integrated video card+motherboard looks just like motherboard.

Anyway something seems to be broken and only solution is to replace faulty part with working one.

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek