antec p160 "power led" problem

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by efx2003, Feb 4, 2005.

1. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

antec p160 "power light" problem

The power light connection for my antec p160 case is a 2-pin connection. The motherboard that I have needs a 3-pin connection. The motherboard diagram shows 3-pins, the pin on the left is positive, the middle pin is blank, and the right pin negative. How can I fix this problem. Please help if you can.

Note: Motherboard asus p4c800-deluxe.

Thank You

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

On the 2 Pin "PWR" connection from your P160 Case, it will have two wires going into it, white and black or red and white, basically connect the negative white onto the negative pin, and the positive wire to the positive pin.

"PWR" connections from the case to motherboard do not use 3 Pins, merely 2, the only 3 pinned connection you should have will be your Speaker connector, and still that will likely only have 2 wires in it.

Believe me the Asus A8V i have used, and i have also owned an Antec P160 - there is no compatibility issues here, also as a tip from a loving owner of the Antec P160 - make sure that your Floppy drive is as close to the front panel of the case as possible as the front panel has a small plastic "extension" button, which when pushed will push your floppy drive "eject" button.. however if the floppy drive is not close enough you will have trouble getting your floppies to eject :good:

3. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

The connection I am talking about is the one that runnes the power light on the case.. The connection for the antec p160 has a 2-pin connection labeled "pwr led". The motherboard shows that it needs a 3-pin for the power light to work. Does that make any since.

Note: I have a cheftech computer case and it has a 3-pin for the power light.

Please replay

Thank You

4. Joe

Joe Geek Trainee

No way, Im building with that case right now, with an Abit AN8.
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to find some connectors from another case that I have laying around. All you have to do is take out the pins from that 2 pin connector(with a standard screwdriver), and find either a 3 pin or two 1 pin connectors (prolly find them at radio shack) and you'r good to go.
    And yes, the P160 is amazingly beautiful. I'm going to put my pics up in the case gallery sometime this week when my ram comes in.

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

did you try simply reversing the connector the opposite way, the company may have reversed poles by mistake

6. efx2003

efx2003 Big Geek

Thanks for the help. Its working now.