Anyone seen King Kong?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Exfoliate, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Say it last night with some friends. It's totally amazing, really well done, another hit for Jackson. Kick butt special effects too, you can tell he used the same team he had for LOTR's. Also one of the saddest movies I've seen, you just have to love Kong. Anyone I recommend it to pretty much anyone who can appreciate giant monkeys and blonds. Let me know what you thought!

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Im seeing it to tonight.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I think I'll get a group of friends to go see it in the week with me, I soooo wanna see it!!

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Rather than KK I watched Chronicles of Narnia tonight. Looked so realistic I was impressed, and yes I am a big kid so Im allowed to watch kids films :) Maybe Ill watch KK tomorrow night.

5. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Yeah, KK is a real classic!

Idea wise as well. It has a real profound bottom line..... if you want to get all arty farty. I have seen the first two and thought Jesica Lang was a 'bomb' in the second one. I think the blond in the new one is better looking. Not to mention one of my all time favourite actors/singer - Mr. JB

Havent seen it yet. I am going to see Narnia this Friday. Alot more excited about this one though...

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, funny my dad thought alot of Narnia's effects, particularly the iced over river and the castle looked fairly drab to some extent but then again that's his opinion not mine. Frankly I didn't believe him this time, we'll see.

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I liked Narnia. It was a nice story reminds me of disney films like lion king which I used to love. KK I liked and i didnt. I sure as hell didnt like the legnth but i thought it has been modernised considering it had to stay in the 30s well.

8. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

i would like to watch king kong but its too looooooong lol

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh its like 3+ hours long. I will watch this or next week. Having seen parts of it looks pretty good. I heard the first part is boring gets better in the second half.

10. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

how many parts are there 50 lol

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I know it's not LOTR's but I think it's worth the lengh. The first part is necesary as you have to get background and purpose. It's a awesome film and I wouldn't be turned off just because it's an hour longer than the average film (it's like exactly 3 hours).

12. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

3 hours and 7 minutes to be exact