Blu-ray codec for WMP

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Dwarfer, May 4, 2009.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

Hello, I have cyberlink power dvd for my bluray movies, but frankly cyberlink software is crap! - hence the reason why you get it free, i avoid cyberlink where possible because i always find major problems with them

my question is, is there a bluray codec for windows media player, or media player classic, or do you know of any blu-ray players. i've googled around with no luck and hope you could tell me

thanks in advance!

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I doubt you will be able to use WMP. If you could I will very much doubt it will be for free. There is not even a free DVD playing capability from MS let alone BR.

I had a quick look on VideoHelp.com - Forum, Guides, Tools and hardware lists and found this small entry:

How to play Blu-ray, m2ts video:
    in Windows-
    To play a Blu-ray Disc use PowerDVD, WinDVD or ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme. There are currently no free Blu-ray players(with menu support). Play m2ts files using the same software or free tools like VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

Hope this helps... You can always visit the site mentioned above for updates...

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

nice one ill try that site out