Blue Error Screen

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SexiMexi9018, Jan 18, 2007.

1. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

every once and a while while i am playing a game or sometimes just signing on the internet i will get an error screen where it tells me something about if this is my first time then please restart if i have had it before please contact someone, and then it says beginning dump of physical memory, and physical memory dump complete anyone know what it is or why it is doing this?

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

3. NeloForster

NeloForster Source of Exyphetadolamin

It does first strike as a memory issue but at my workplace everyone tells me it can only be resolved by a system recovery with format, and it's the only solution that has seemed to work with customers I've had with that problem (They never rang in again afterwards so I'll assume it worked well)

You'll need to do a full reformat of your HDD partition. It's the only known solution I've come accross. Apparently it's a problem with the the way a partition can become after a while of use or something...

Make sure to completely format the HDD (or user partition only if using a manufactured machine) before reinstalling windows.

Hope this helps,

Mike

4. SexiMexi9018

well can it harm the computer at all? because if it can't it does not happen that often so i won't worry about it, but i mean if its doing something bad to then i guess i'll have to.\

**Edit** How do i run that Program, when i download it, it is just a notepad file saying that i have to boot the CD for it to work?

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

You have to download that .iso file, put it on a floppy or a CD and restart your computer with the selected device priority.....

6. SexiMexi9018

ahh, that makes since, but what is it going to do, just scan stuff or will it delete anything?

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

No. You set your optical drive (or floppy if you're using that) as the first boot device in BIOS and have the disc in the drive. The system will boot off that disc and run a program continuously until it's stopped. Depending on how much RAM you have, it can take 10-20 minutes to do a full pass. Let it run for 1 hour at the very least, but about 3-8 hours is a good way to verify things are fine.

8. SexiMexi9018

k, i'll try it, but i found out why it is doing it, it has something to do with my video card, i think i might need to update my drivers i have the PNY GeForce 7900 GS so if someone could find Latest drivers, i have a hard time finding the right ones, i would like it, thanks.

9. SexiMexi9018

i just ran that test and nothing really happened, i burned it to a CD, and then i booted it and it a bunch of stuff started popping up to fast to read and then after like 20 sec's it just poped up with something that looked like A\>: and i could type anything? what else do i do?

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Did you download the ISO file, open and burn it with a CD burning program and not burn the ISO as an ISO to disc?

11. donkey42

donkey42 plank

12. SexiMexi9018

well i did use nero, i downloaded the .iso file and burned the .zip that appered on my desktop as a bootable disc with nero then just used that