Browser of choice

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Exfoliate, Apr 25, 2005.

?

Your browser?

1. FIREFOX! :good:

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Safari :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Netscape Navigator :ohah:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. internet explorer :eek:

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I've got FireFox on my PC and Safari on the ol' Mac, both are great browsers, though I like the google integration w/ FF. Heck anythings better than Explorer in my opinion, got so much spam, pop-ups, spyware, crap, etc. from that, not to mention the thing would slow everything way down with all it's pop-ups, and it usually had to load the page completely before I could close it, grrrrrrr. :dead: Tell us what you think, and lets here from some people other than regulars too ;)

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

ask a silly question lol

FireFox wins hands down.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wins for sure, just trying to see how many haven't said screw it w/ explorer yet

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

theres no point for this thread its clear that firefox simply kicks every freakin browsers' ass

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

For a browser, I like Firefox. I've been using it as my primary browser since its 0.2 beta, and it's come a very long way since then. But for a whole suite, Mozilla rocks too -- HTML editor, mail, newsgroups, the works. Konqueror is what I use as a local filesystem browser, but it's about as standards-compliant for web browsing as IE (i.e. not at all). So I tend not to use that for HTML much. If I'm working over an SSH connection on a slow connection, I prefer the lynx browser. It's non-graphical, so it works kickin' fast even over horribly slow connections. As much as I love Firefox, it's a beast to forward all those graphics over a remote X interface. :p

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

firefox. \m/

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Good replys all, yeah this is a pretty useless thread zrock, other than to serve as a firefox fans unite convention anyway, come on members lets vote, get some variety here, I'm sure out of the other 2,702 people a couple of you use a different browser, let us know!

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Firefox wins!

9. Fred

Fred Moderator

Is it just me or does the firefox one seem a little biased with the all caps and exclamation mark?

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Extreamly biased, but judging by the results it doesn't really matter, (note explorer is in all lowercase too).

11. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah, i did notice that :D

12. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

wtf voted for internet explorer, TRAITOR! haha

13. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Firefox.

Not to mention the smilies beside the choices make it even more biased.

I agree about Mozilla being good for other things too though, Mozilla Thunderbird far out-does Outlook.

14. Anti-Trend

Well, good. I'm glad so many people here prefer Firefox. Maybe in the future we'll actually have websites that are written standards-compliant instead of IE compliant... :x:

15. Addis

Addis The King

I like Firefox, although I find that Konqueror is a much better as a file browinsg type program. Its annoying the fact that Firefox although a great web browser, isn't as good as Konqueror when working with FTP. Although the command line can do that aswell.

16. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

But you gotta admit, compared to IE, Firefox seems amazing at FTP.

17. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

the only thing I hate about internet explorer, aside from the insecurities and corporate, fascist company that made it, is that for some reason, every website i make displays properly in FF but screws up royally in internet explorer..it doesn't like iframes with transparent backgrounds, nor having CSS applied to the scrollbars, hell sometimes images just don't appear.

cuh. Microsoft.

18. Anti-Trend

...especially when you have this little beauty. :)

Attached Files:

19. Addis

Addis The King

Cool AT I should try that. Plugin for Firefox I assume?

20. syngod

syngod Moderator

Have to go with IE just because of the number of sites I need to use on a daily basis that require IE 5+ to be used.

Plus I've modified my IE6 quite a bit by adding tabbed browsing and a few other features which helps.

I use Firefox for a bit of browsing but until the corporate sites I use begin to support FF I have to give my preference to IE for now.