Cable Sleeving

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Matt555, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I am thinking of sleeving my cables, I would need some heatshrink tubing and some cable sleeving right? Is it very hard to do, I mean is it a case of slide the sleeving over the cables and use the heat shrink to seal it off at the end...
    Any help from people who have done this before would be greatly appreciated...

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Can you get stretchy cable sleeving, because I don't want the hassle of having to take off my molex connectors, I just want to be able to sleeve things quickly, the whole thing was just a thought really, just wanted to know how people have done it before, if I decide it's too much hassle I may not do it...

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

There are a lot of options for sleeving out there, and heatshrink isn't a bad one if you don't mind some soldering. Personally, I don't bother to add sleeving to my cables. I either buy the PSU/cables pre-sleeved, or I use cable ties to organize the wiring.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah it is fairly well organised, i mean it was just to make it look a bit nicer, all my PSU cables came ready twisted and cable tied together and some cables had sleeving already on them, i was just wondering how difficult it would be if i decided to do it...

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

To me, not worth the effort. Split loom is easy and looks pretty good, have you considered that?

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Hmmm no I haven't, I'll have to check that out...

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's about what I was going to say, but AT beat me to it. For ease of installation, that's your best bet. Along with some zip ties, split loom is one of the easiest and cheapest things to get ahold of. Pretty much any auto parts store should have them (Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys) as well as places like Wal-Mart. Really easy to find.