Can People Do Me A Favour?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by fardwarehorum, Sep 19, 2014.

1. fardwarehorum

fardwarehorum Geek Trainee

Hello, folks!

I attempted to ask members of other forums to do the same as now without success yet: I would like to find names of modern graphics cards that support Eyefinity and two Dual Link DVI-I ports.

Nobody was willing to help me, they only asked weird questions about my personal life and privacy. Some even said that any AMD card has two Dual Link DVI-I ports what is not true at all. I was trolled a lot.

So, is it possible to help me by naming some models that meet my requirements?

you are my last hope after having registered lots of zombie accounts today!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Since Eyefinity is an AMD-only technology, that's the only source you will have. Since I don't use it, I haven't looked into the DVI-I ports thing. I do know it would come down to 2 things: support at the chipset level and implementation of the vendors--which makes it the trickiest part.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

So far, this is what I can tell you. The Radeon 5000 series and forward are where to look.
    While I haven't run across the configuration you want, I think it might be better to do the following: message companies supplying AMD-based cards about your needs. From what I'm seeing, Dual-link is limited to 2 outputs, and I have a feeling with DVI being the older tech, you're looking for something that is uncommon.
    Having said that, there's a possibility you may not find what you want, so I'm wondering if you might be able to use an HDMI to DVI converter instead?