Case opinion.

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by QuiPetMonDe, Oct 15, 2005.

1. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

What do you think?

For my spec i would imagine there would be alot of heat floating around so i dont know if i should get this case from the USA with a wind tunnel,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811196006

Or this case from the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl/026-0440390-1667602

Both have great reviews but i cant decide which one i want, although the USA one looks alot better.
    If i do get that one any ideas on how i bring it home? Can you carry those on to planes?

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Personally, i like the Aerocool better, it's more stylish and has better airflow. I dont know if you can simply 'carry it onto the plane', but would probably have to have it in the cargo hold. I've not had any experience with this as i've never been on a plane, but this is my guess!

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Heh, me neither man:cool:
    Yeah I like the aerocool alot better, both are very high quality but I see no reason why the Antec would be any better though I do like the color anyway. I wouldn't think you'd have a prob taking it home, it's not dangerous or anything, but you can't order it from Newegg if you live in the UK:(

4. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

Im going to be in the US anyway in a week or so, so i will order it there and take it home with me to the uk.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ohhh, I see, in that case you'll be fine with the aerocool. Good luck:)

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

hmm taking it on a plane? you may have to declare it to customs unless you can gide it in a suitcase...but that will be heavy...i've never tried to take anything like that with me onto any of the flights i've been on...

7. QuiPetMonDe

QuiPetMonDe Geek

i'll get it into my suit case, if not i could fedex it to the uk.

8. matthewrpenny

matthewrpenny Geek Trainee

guys,

pardon my ignorance but how does the case with the "windtunnel" work, seems to me that that will just suck in cool air from front and pump it out the back without cooling the air inside signifficantly.

what form factor is it, where do the PCI cards sit, the tunnel looks like it's in the way.

actually studied aerodynamics and airflow inside a PC case as part of my aerodynamics at uni. bets best is a large diameter slow fan on top of the case, one at the front and one on the side panel blowing perpendicularly but not directly onto CPU (but not too hard)

ttfn

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah I can see what you're saying, you do want the air to go in...spread out a litt, get heated up and then get sucked out again and not air get sucked in, goes through windtunnel and then goes out, hmm maybe if someone knows or has an idea as to how it works they could let you know...

10. Dx5

Dx5 Geek Trainee

Sweet case dude.

11. i would go with the Antec, Aerocool isn't exactly the best brand.