case vibrations

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by IGDIABLO, Jan 22, 2004.

1. IGDIABLO

IGDIABLO Geek Trainee

when i put my hand on my case, i can feel tiny vibrations, i think its from my cpu fan, its a big 80mm one, its a special neer silent one though,

is this norma???

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

When you have a lot of fans running in the same system, especially at high RPMs, they more than likely won't rotate at exactly the same intervals. Since the fans are each causing vibrations at different intervals, it causes a bit of a shudder affect. Generally the bigger the chassis, the weaker the shudder affect, and the smaller the chassis...

To answer your question directly, yes, it's pretty normal, especially for smaller chassis :)

3. misunoko

misunoko Geek Trainee

i had that problem but i got little rubber O rings and put them on the screw between the case and the fan and it stoped the vibration leaving the fan. im not sure were i found the O rings i think i had then laying around not sure were you will be able to find em. :S

4. Anti-Trend

Rather than 'O' Rings, you can use rubber trim for automobiles... you know, the stuff for the edges of car doors. I bought about 100 ft of the stuff a few years ago, and I've used it in countless systems since. Besides cutting back some vibration, you can add a distinct sharpness to the appearance of your chassis.

5. misunoko

misunoko Geek Trainee

nice idea i shall give that one a try thank you

6. Anti-Trend

Sure, no problem. :)