Coax Or What?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Willz, May 31, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

On my Logitech Z-5500 Digital speakers, there is this connector that says above it coax, but the thing is, it looks just like a femal RCA connector i think, and it too looks like a femal rca connector on my dvd player, i need to use Coax to get 5.1 surround sound, so is this indeed coax or RCA, and what cable do i need to get, as i have looked for coax cabled, and the connectors on them look as tho they wont connect into the coac connector on my Soundtouch Control Centre on the Z-5500's and on DVD.

Picture of back:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/thehub/SDCC.jpg

(coax connector at side of the orange connector)

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

if your asking, what is COAX, basically its used for TV aerials (to connect a TV to an aerial) i presume that standard TV aerial COAX will do, purchase however much you need from a DIY shop (they will also sell the connectors, with fitting instruction, dont worry v easy to fit)

3. Willz

i got some standard tv arial coax going into my TV tuner, and it wont fit that, the coax connector is on the right side of that orange connector in the picture i provided, the Coax connector looks like a regular RCA connector, you see it? next to the orange connector, its black and its for Audio, Audio Coax.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i've tried zooming in on the connector, although it says "coax" above it it looks a bit like either coax or phono, can try shinning a torch on the connector while you take the pic, i've tried altering tone and brighness an stuff but i cant see the connector clearly enough

5. Willz

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

clicked url n got this error:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

presume its cos i'm not a member, cant find how or where to join

Edit: found it will let you know

7. Willz

i aint a member, it just lets you see the picture, it did with me :s

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

hang on a bit i'll boot Xandros cos it probably :swear:ing XP thats the problem

9. donkey42

donkey42 plank

sorry same error message in Xandros too,
    can you find a pic from a uk based site or something

10. Willz

No, uk site has a review of it, man your internet must suck pretty bad, and your computer must if you cant view images, anyway, i saved the image onto my pc, here it is:

Attached Files:

11. donkey42

donkey42 plank

thats an SP-DIF phono socket

EDIT: my nets fine, just couldnt view that image

12. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I think you need this
    [​IMG]

[link=http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLR%2CGGLR%3A2005-45%2CGGLR%3Aen&q=5.1+digital+coax+cables]Source[/link]

13. Willz

Yea that connector looks about right, cant i just use any connectors that will fit into that socket?

14. Karanislove

They are looking very expensive [link=http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/compare/751010613]Check This[/link]
    I Recon, take this name to your closest electrical shop and ask them about it or a print out of the picture will be a good idea.

15. Karanislove

[link=http://www.justechn.com/reviews/articles/2005/08/25/logitech_z-5500.php]This thing Explains everything about your speakers[/link]

16. Willz

Hmmm, is there loads of typed of didigtal coxial cable, or is it all the same with the same connectors?

Also, thanks Karanislove, been looking for a decent review on the speakers for ages, that one you found is spot on :)

17. Karanislove

I was talking about "Monster Cable IDL100 2M"

No Problem mighty, I am a searching freak......

Edit: Some better reivews by public and a website...........
    [link=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041202.gtlogi5500dec2/BNStory/Technology]1. Website[/link]
    [link=http://reviews.compusa.com/2795/736124/reviews.htm]2. Public[/link]

You got the nice blow ass system......~!

18. donkey42

donkey42 plank

glad you sorted it, just wish i'd been more help, but like i said glad you sorted it thanx karen

EDIT sorry i meant karan

19. Willz

Lol thanks, the subwoofer is almost as big as my tv, i heard that its overkill if its placed in a corner, i havent yet tried it in a corner, it's sat right next to me on some poly, i will take some pictures of it all and post in gallary :p, i have had it turned 100% up, and the bass was really good at 1-2 out of 10!!, but at max volumes if you go over 4 or 5, you hear wierd sound from sub, coz its too much bass for the sub to handle, thats how powerfull it is :p

Donkey, thanks for your help aswell, you gave me some usefull advise :)

20. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i dont know where you got the idea that i gave you some good advise, cos i've looked and i dont think i offered any good advise