Corel Art Dabbler 2.1

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Willz, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi i have Corel Art Dabbler 2.1, i have plenty of memory left in my system, yet when i try to launch this app i get the following message: Initialization error:not enough free memory to run art dabbler.

Anyone know whats wrong?

2. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Hi, Its a long shot but maybe it is on about the virtual memory. Loads of shortcuts to shortcuts on the desktop, loads of cookies and temp internet, no longer used programs where u havent deleted all the files all contribute to your lack of virtual memory.
    Ive had it happen to me in the past until i cleaned up my comp. now i do a scan of all files once a month to check what rubbish ive collected.

Please ignore this if
    a) u have done it already
    b) this aint a problem.

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hmmm, thanks i will give it a try :)

What programs do you use to clean your computer of junk?

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

the ms disk defrag aint to bad at clearing yr files. just leave it overnight or when yr away from yr comp and let it get to work.

Obiously there are loads of other ones out there but just using the ms one should see a boost in performance.

5. Shawn Hornaday

Shawn Hornaday Geek Trainee

here is the fix for this problem and the other metacreation programs. the problem that you're having is NOT that you don't have enough memory, it's that you have too much. specifically, more than 512 MB. xp and up doesn't supprt this program fully as it was made for 99 windows. got to this site and follow the instructions to the "T". i guarantee that it will fix your problem since it just fixed mine :) there are more detailed instructions as you scroll down. and to save you a tad bit of trouble, the execute file is "artdab.exe.

http://dev.depeuter.org/metacreations_fix_30.php#COMMENTS

goodluck!