Custom built case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Dave35k, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Hi im building a micro atx pc and have decided to make it totally custom and buil the case as well now an idea i had was to use a briefcase or something similar i have a mobo which as everything onboad so if only as to be high enough for ventalation and the cpu fan. i just wondered what the people on the formum would think that would make a good pc case custom built post any idea at all im open to all suggestion. thanks for all ya help Dave :good:

2. Addis

Addis The King

I used to read the PC Extreme mag and in there was a whole section deicated to case mods every issue. One dude built a modded one into a briefcase, another into a teddy bear, a phonebox, a case with a turbocharger from a car, little servant robot, monitor etc.
    Doing a briefcase one wouldn't be exactly cheap if you put a small LCD screen into the cover, but it should be ok if you just want to use it as a case.

3. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

i thurt about putting a small screen in the lid put id have to price some up 1st i might mod a ps1 screen to work lol :good:

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You really ought to check out the case modding section over @ [H]ard|OCP's forums, as there's been mods just like you're looking at. You also might look at Bit-Tech. They've got some really nice mods, and they're a UK-based website (well we are too), but they've got more folks writing that live in the UK, so they might be able to help pricing and finding stuff a little better.

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

best mod i've ever seen was a scale model of a Subaru Impreza and it had its trunk/boot turned into the case. Plus the car still worked, so you had a lil ol portable computer.

Stylish

6. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Thanks alot everyone for all your replies so far! keep the rolling in thanks in advance Dave :good:

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I seen one once in a magasine that had this guy build a computer and mount it, then cover the whole thing in that expanding foam stuf so it was like a giant blob, awesome! :cool:

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah I saw the same thing! That was a pretty cool idea but it's an aquired taste, I like your idea Dave:good:. I always thought it would be kind of cool to make a case out of a really big toaster (with slot loading drives or couse), or a small microwave.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

That would be cool, i seen another one where a guy incorporated a coffe warmer into it so he had a double sized case, peobably as tall as a server case but just as slim as the usual atx cases, and he fabricated mounts an everything, and after a lot of work there it was, a case with heat pads on it for coffee!!

10. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea i might start building custom case, computer power user had a mod devoted one, and i think it does in every issue check it out, pretty good