Dell Inspiron 1720, speakers AND headphones not working.

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by gbpkid, Jul 17, 2009.

1. gbpkid

gbpkid Geek Trainee

Okay so i've had this laptop about a year, and never had a problem with it, when i turned it on today, my headphones werent working, so re-booted it, and they still wouldnt work (when i say dont work i mean there is no sound coming out of them). I opened the control panel and volume mixer, everything is turned up full volume. I thought it might be the headphone jack so i took the headphones out & no sound was coming from the speakers, i pressed the mute & unmute button on the outside of my laptop but that didnt change anything, also no symbol never appeared over the speaker (you know in the start bar the little circle with a cross in it over the speaker symbol), and even when i cliked on the volume mixer and tried to mute/unmute it and still the symbol didnt change.
    i'm just wondering what everyone thinks is up with it, there is literally no sound.
    (btw when i go into the control panel to look at the speakers it says it is picking up sound (green bar moving) when i open up iTunes & play music.
    :S

gxo