Dell XPS M1730 laptop camera trouble

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by S0ulReaver90, Sep 19, 2008.

1. S0ulReaver90

S0ulReaver90 Geek Trainee

Greetings.

I have recently joined your forums in order to try and fix an increasingly frustrating problem.

I posess a Dell XPS M1730 laptop computer running Windows Vista, all drivers and software components are up to date as far as I know. My problem is as follows: my XPS laptop has a Laptop Integrated Webcam not functioning correctly when the computer is resumed from sleep/hibernate mode.

Either the camera malfunctions and a yellow exclamation mark appears over its icon in Device Manager/Imaging Devices or the Imaging Devices tag (the camera only in my case) dissapears altogether and instead a UBS Composite Device (presumably the camera) is displayed as an "Unknown Device" with no driver installed. When I try running the camera, in the first case, I receive the error message "Failed to start video preview, please reconnect your camera" and in the second case I receive the message "No supported camera detected. Please plug in to continue."

The driver of this camera is from Creative Technologies LTD.

Any advice or ways to fix this would be very welcome, thank you in advance.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Do you have Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed?
    Which driver version do you have for the camera?

3. S0ulReaver90

S0ulReaver90 Geek Trainee

I have indeed Vista service pack 1 installed. And the camera driver version is 1.4.1.1011 dated 11.10.2007. The most recent one I could find.