Disassembling HP ProBook 4515s

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by Fyris, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Fyris

Fyris Geek Trainee

Hello everyone!

Just registered here at hardwareforums and immediately saw that this place will come in handy alot :)

I'm looking to find a guide on how the HP ProBook 4515s laptop can be disassembled. I have read that you have to open ten screws and remove the entire top half, but I need something more specific. I'm working with brand new laptops so poking around and trying out all the screws just is not comfortable and my employee has some issues with me experimenting with the products :p . I would appreciate if someone would share their knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance!
    Cheers, Fyris

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well I don't know if you'll find much in the way of disassembly on laptops specific to your model. The only thing you're going to find is how to remove the RAM and hard drive, and possibly the optical drive, which are the only "user serviceable" parts on laptops. This and anything else that are to be removed by the end-user would be documented. A Google search didn't really pull up anything on your laptop disassembly that was useful, but HP might have something buried somewhere.

However, if you want to look, I wouldn't play around with my employer's property, even if you have a guide. I can't speak for every company, but if they catch you and it's fubar'd, they might claim "destruction of company property" and give you a pink slip.

You can find an inexpensive older laptop to purchase and play with to get a feel for it. While laptops are different because of semi-proprietary designs, the concepts are pretty similar between each unit.