Disk boot failure . Insert system disk and press enter?

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by Adam15, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Adam15

Adam15 Geek Trainee

This is the message I get now when trying to boot into my ssd after making some hardware adjustments . The adjustments were small . My sister needed a hard drive so I unplugged and took out my 1 tb hard drive. Leaving my ssd in my computer . I am absolute in understanding removing my 1 tb has caused this . But what do I do to fix it guys . Noooooo ????

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Does the SSD drive also have a copy of your OS on it ? Is the SSD drive external ?

3. ozzzy83

ozzzy83 Geek Trainee

I also have this problem 2-3 times per week...then I just turn off the computer, and change the port for HDD, and then it works again..after some time the same problem occur..what's the problem ? HDD is WD Caviar Black 500GB, and it's used for about 2 years...everything freezes, and then the problem starts...I had the same problem on my older computer which is in the other room, but have HDD that is only one year old..so I had the same problem there too, but now that problem vanished all of sudden...and I have that problem now with my computer..and I don't know why ? The computer cannot boot after that message...only when I turn it off, and change the port for HDD..

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Not sure what you mean by changing the port, there is NO port.. your hard drive should be on C: drive... unless you have more than one drive.. have you run scandisk ?
    Sounds like the hard drive has Bad sectors on it..

5. ozzzy83

ozzzy83 Geek Trainee

How do you mean there is no port ? SATA ports exist...and there are many of them on MB...and HDD is on C: and D: drive..I had run scandisk, and there are no bad sectors..all seems fine...for now I didn't noticed problem with failure, but maybe it will appear again, because sometimes while I'm in windows, HDD led is active all the time...all of sudden, and then I cannot click on anything..it doesn't react, but I can move cursor...after 30 seconds, or a minute, everything gets back to normal..but sometimes also while having that problem, windows get frozen, and then when I reset my computer, I get that disk boot failure message..so I don't know what it can be..I checked with others HDD repair programs, and everything seems fine..and as I said, on scandisk also...